Who does not love a pearly-white and beautiful smile, but maintaining your white teeth can be challenging. It needs something more than just brushing and flossing your teeth twice a day. Discoloration and dental stains are widespread issues- they can be caused by various things like aging, medications, fluoride in water, wrong toothbrush, avoiding brushing your days at a time, and various food/drinks. If you have just availed a teeth whitening or any other cosmetic dental treatments to whiten your stained teeth, then it is essential that you do the right things to maintain the results. In this article, we are going to discuss the things that you should avoid to prevent teeth staining.
A renowned London dentist suggests that you can reduce the chances of getting stained teeth by avoiding the following food:
Tea and coffee
This is absolutely a no-brainer- the color of these breakfast drinks can, of course, stain your teeth. They can even make your teeth susceptible to stains from other food by changing the pH of your mouth.
Just like wine can stain your white cloth, and it can also stain your white teeth. It has been seen that regular consumption of wine, either red or white, can make your teeth more yellowish.
Tobacco products are harmful not only to your overall health but also to your teeth. Apart from making your teeth yellowish, it can also leave a brown residue on them. These are pretty difficult to remove and can become a significant cosmetic concern. In such cases, you should contact a London dentist without delay and get your teeth cleaned.
Along with the sugar present in the candy, which can cause decay in your teeth, it can also stain them. If you are a regular consumer of bright-colored popsicles, slushies, or chocolates, it can lead to teeth discoloration.
Top tips for avoid getting stained teeth
● If you cannot avoid drinking any stained drinks, try using a reusable straw.
● Once you have your coffee, rinse your mouth every time. This will reduce the chances of getting any stains on your teeth’ enamel.
● Brush your teethfor two minutes, first when you wake up and again before bed.
● Brushing your teeth twice a day is necessary, but if you have any stained food/drink, you should brush your teeth immediately after. Do not forget to floss them as well.
● Never miss out on your regular dental visits. Cleaning your teeth by professionals reduces the chances of your teeth getting stained.
● If you notice a slight discoloration on your teeth, you can try some DIY teeth whitening home remedies. You can contact your London dentistfor some practical tips.
Thus, it would be best if you avoided all the things listed above to reduce the chances of staining. And follow the tips to keep your teeth healthy. May your teeth have a long life and be free with staging on teeth. You can consult your dentist to know some more preventive tips that would help to keep your teeth whiter for longer.